You may designate a specific sum for Paper Mill Playhouse or a percentage of your residuary estate after provisions for others are fulfilled. Gifts can be made to Paper Mill Playhouse to benefit current annual programs.
Including Paper Mill Playhouse in a completed will can be as simple as adding a codicil, or addendum, with sample text such as the following:
I give, devise and bequeath the sum of $________, or a percentage ____% of my residuary estate to Paper Mill Playhouse, Inc., a New Jersey not-for-profit corporation with its office at 22 Brookside Drive, Millburn, NJ 07041, for the benefit of ___________________ (general operating expense, education program).
Please include Paper Mill Playhouse Tax ID# 22-1550515
IRA Roll Over
If you are 70 ½ or older you may be interested in a way to give that will lower the income and taxes from your IRA required minimum distributions. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can give and help our work.
Benefits if an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on direct transfers up to $100,000 from your IRA to Paper Mill Playhouse
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further our mission
How to make an IRA charitable rollover gift
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Paper Mill Playhouse
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Paper Mill Playhouse
- IRA charitable rollovers do not qualify as a charitable deduction