Experience A Christmas Carol unlike any other—past, present or future. The timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge comes to thrilling new life as Tony Award® winner Jefferson Mays (I Am My Own Wife, Gentleman’s Guide…) plays over 50 roles in a virtuosic, master class of a performance that must be seen to be believed. This theatrical achievement comes from the haunting vision of one of Broadway’s most imaginative directors, Michael Arden (Tony-winning Best Revival – Once on this Island). Staged exclusively for this production and captured live with breathtaking clarity, this must-watch streaming event conjures the powerful spirits of Christmas and brings all the magic of live theatre home for the holidays.
This streaming video event will benefit Paper Mill Playhouse as well as other community, amateur, and regional theaters across the country which have been devastated by the pandemic.
$50 per ticket
24-hour access can be used Nov 28–Jan 3
“A TOWERING ACHIEVEMENT! YOU’VE SEEN IT BEFORE, BUT NOT LIKE THIS. A personal best for Jefferson Mays. He delivers an epic performance embodying 50 characters.” –The Hollywood Reporter
“FOR TRUE THEATER LOVERS, THERE CAN BE NO BETTER GIFT THIS SEASON. Jefferson Mays is a rare gem and Michael Arden is ingenious.” – Los Angeles Times
“A MOST EXCELLENT SHOW! What a pleasure to watch Jefferson Mays.” – Variety
“MAGNIFICENT IN ALL RESPECTS! Don’t miss this show.” – Los Angeles Daily News
How It Works
- Purchase a ticket from On the Stage streaming through our Paper Mill Playhouse website portal. A portion of your ticket will benefit Paper Mill Playhouse.
- You’ll receive an email from On the Stage with your viewing link.
- Beginning November 28 at 9pm ET / 6pm PT, when you’re ready, you’ll have 24 hours to watch your performance after activating your link.
- Performance can be watched on any device or cast to your TV.
- A Christmas Carol is available for unlimited viewings within a 24-hour period, on or after the opening stream date of November 28, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a Paper Mill Playhouse production. We do not have control over ticketing and we are not responsible for the delivery of streaming content. On The Stage is the streaming company for this show, and will be donating a portion of sales to Paper Mill Playhouse and their other partners to support non-profit theaters during the pandemic. All sales are final, no refunds.