Volunteers are needed to assist us during performances in the theater and during office hours in administration.
- Front-Of-House Volunteers Assist our front-of-house staff before curtain time and during intermission, greeting patrons, taking tickets, and seating our theater guests. We are always looking for help in this area – we can never have enough.
- Gift Shop Volunteers Assist with sales before, during, and after performances.
- Special Events Help our fundraising department with setup, greeting, and service at our annual gala, wine tasting, and other special events that are so essential in supporting the work at Paper Mill Playhouse.
- Administrative Volunteers Work alongside our daytime staff in Marketing, Development, or Education doing data entry, phone solicitation, and providing general clerical assistance.
It’s show time! Become a part of our wonderful front-of-house crew
Join our growing army of front-of-house volunteers that assist the very best audiences in New Jersey, and:
- You’ll be invited to the final dress rehearsal of our fabulous Broadway-quality shows.
- You’ll be a part of the Paper Mill story.
Join “Bill’s Battalion,” an army of extraordinary volunteers to serve the needs of the nation’s finest musical theater. Applications are available online, by mail, or just stop by and pick up one.
It’s Easy to Become a Volunteer
Fill out our a Volunteer Application/Information Sheet and return it to us by email, post, or in person.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@PaperMill.org.
There are many different kinds of opportunities available for people with different areas of interest, skill sets, and time availability. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to determine your specific interests and availability and to find the best ways to help you help us!
For high school students: Paper Mill’s Theatre School Internships are open to high school students who assist with Theatre School classes for two hours per week. A number of special benefits, including complimentary tickets and shadowing opportunities are available to Theatre School Interns. Theatre School internships run from September through April and applications are usually available the preceding June.
For college students and college graduates: Paper Mill offers non-paying internships in all areas of administration, including education programming, marketing, fundraising and finance, company management, casting, and non-union production management. Internships are available only during the presenting season from September through June. Paper Mill Playhouse does not provide housing for interns and internships are not available during the summer months.
To apply for an internship please e-mail your resume along with a cover letter which describes your areas of interest, your relevant skills, and details about your availability to: email@example.com