You will find all 2017 Rising Star Awards general information and e-application forms here as of January 17, 2017. The following forms and documents are posted below:
- Rising Star Awards Rules & Guidelines
- Rising Star Awards Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Educational Impact Award e-application
- Student Achievement Award e-application
- Rising Star “Theatre for Everyone” Inclusion & Access Award e-application
- Paper Mill Playhouse $1000 Scholarship Awards e-application
- Featured Ensemble Member e-application
- Rising Star Awards Support Material Packing Slip
Click on the link to the form you would like to download and follow the prompts to save the file on your computer. Save the file in a place you will remember like your desktop or in a specially created Rising Star Awards folder. The forms are in Microsoft Word format and are protected so that you can type, select numbers or check boxes only in the gray-shaded areas. This form is simple to use and will allow you to type unlimited answers in all of the fields.
A few things you need to know about these forms are:
- There are minimal logos and graphics in these documents for faster uploading and downloading.
- This form has minimal page breaks to allow the form to “grow” as you add text. You do not need to add page breaks before sending it back to Paper Mill.
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to spell check in this “protected” document however, if you type the text in another document and spell check, you can copy the clean text and paste it into the gray-shaded areas of the application.
To use these forms, please follow the directions below:
- Download the files and save them to your computer in a location you will remember, such as your desktop or a specific “Rising Star Awards” folder.
- You should open up the forms in Microsoft Word and immediately save the file as another name by selecting “SAVE AS” from your FILE menu. Please give your application a name that relates to the school you are representing and the type of form. For example, you can title your application: “HSnameRSAapp.doc”.
- Once you’ve created the new file (HSnameRSAapp.pdf) you may begin filling out the form by clicking in the first gray-shaded form-field. The form-field will be highlighted and you may begin typing in this field. From there you may [TAB] to the next gray-shaded form-field, and so on.
- Please follow the directions for each section of the form. Please read the entire form and answer every question. If you do not yet have a final license agreement for your show title, or if your dates are yet to be confirmed, you may enter “TBA” in those fields and email the information to Paper Mill Playhouse as soon as you have an answer. Schools should not delay applying to the program while waiting for these details. Send the application with TBA listed where necessary.
- Save the report periodically as you work on it in case your computer crashes. Always keep a back-up copy of the completed application on your computer. It is possible that we may request a duplicate copy of your application at some point, so please save a copy!
- Once you’ve completed the school‘s application form, save the file and email it back to Paper Mill Playhouse as an attachment. Email the completed application to the following two separate email addresses: Jason Gillis, Education Program Manager: JGillis@papermill.org AND: RisingStarAwards@gmail.com. We will always reply to your email confirming we have received and can open your electronic application. If you do not receive a confirmation message within 24 hours, please call the Paper Mill Education office as it may mean that we did not receive your application. It is the school’s responsibility to ensure that their application arrived at our office. Schools should follow up with a phone call. You may confirm with Jason Gillis, Education Program Manager, directly at 973.315.1668.
- Only a school official may submit Student Achievement, Educational Impact, Featured Ensemble Member or Inclusion and Access award applications. Students may submit scholarship applications.
Rising Star Awards – Presented by the Investors Foundation is also generously supported by the MetLife Foundation.
Rising Star scholarships are made possible by Ruth Bedford in memory of Jane Burgio, Walt Santner in honor of Janet Sovey, and the Douglas Michael Krueger Scholarship Fund Trust. The Theatre for Everyone Inclusion and Access Award is supported by the New Jersey Theatre Alliance.
This program is made possible in part by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
Paper Mill Playhouse is a not-for-profit arts organization.