How to Participate
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING OF
RISING STAR AWARDS INFORMATION AND E-APPLICATIONS
You will find all 2013 Rising Star Awards information and e-application forms here as of November 16, 2012. Applications are due by Wednesday, January 9, 2013 by 5:00pm. The following forms and documents are posted at the bottom of this page:
Rising Star Awards e-application
Rising Star Awards Rules & Guidelines
Educational Impact Award e-application
Student Achievement Award e-application
Rising Star “Theatre for Everyone” Inclusion & Access Award e-application
Paper Mill Playhouse $1000 Scholarship Awards e-application
Scaramouche $1000 Technical Theatre Scholarship e-application
Rising Star Awards Support Material Packing Slip
Rising Star Awards Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click on the link to the form you would like to download and follow the prompts to save the file on your computer. Save the file in a place you will remember like your desktop or in a specially created Rising Star Awards folder. The forms are in Microsoft Word format and are protected so that you can type, select numbers or check boxes only in the gray-shaded areas. This form is simple to use and will allow you to type unlimited answers in all of the fields.
A few things you need to know about these forms are:
A) There are minimal logos and graphics in these documents for faster uploading and downloading.
B) This form has minimal page breaks to allow the form to "grow" as you add text. You do not need to add page breaks before sending it back to Paper Mill.
C) Unfortunately, you will not be able to spell check in this “protected” document however, if you type the text in another document and spell check, you can copy the clean text and paste it into the gray-shaded areas of the application.
To use these forms, please follow the directions below:
1) Download the files and save them in a place you will remember easily, like your desktop, or create a “Rising Star Awards” folder to store your files.
2) You should open up the forms in Microsoft Word and immediately save the file as another name by selecting "SAVE AS" from your FILE menu. Please give your application a name that relates to the school you are representing and the type of form. For example, you can title your application: “HSnameRSAapp.doc".
3) Once you’ve created the new file (HSnameRSAapp.doc) you may begin filling out the form by clicking in the first gray-shaded form-field. The form-field will be highlighted and you may begin typing in this field. From there you may [TAB] to the next gray-shaded form-field, and so on.
4) Please follow the directions for each section of the form. Please read the entire form and answer every question. If you do not yet have a final license agreement for your show title, or if your dates are yet to be confirmed, you may enter “TBA” in those fields and email the information to Paper Mill Playhouse as soon as you have an answer. Schools should not delay applying to the program while waiting for these details. Send the application with TBA listed where necessary.
5) Save the report periodically as you work on it in case your computer crashes. Always keep a back-up copy of the completed application on your computer. It is possible that we may request a duplicate copy of your application at some point, so please save a copy!
7) Finally, if you are not paying by credit card, we ask that you mail a check, money order or purchase order for the appropriate application amount to the Paper Mill Playhouse Education office.
Mail may be sent to:
Paper Mill Playhouse
22 Brookside Drive
Millburn, NJ 07041
Attn: Rising Star Awards
Only a school official may enter a production in the Rising Star Awards. The digital signature on the application must be that of the coordinating teacher/director or a school administrator. Student or parent digital signatures are not accepted.
Rising Star Awards are generously supported by the Investors Foundation and The Bloomingdale’s Fund of the Macy’s Foundation. Major funding for Paper Mill Playhouse Education Outreach is provided by The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and MetLife Foundation. Rising Star scholarships are made possible by John Burgio & Ruth Bedford in Memory of Jane Burgio, Scaramouche Costumes LLC, Douglas Michael Krueger Scholarship Fund Trust, VSA New Jersey, and the Cultural Access Network of New Jersey. This program is made possible, in part, by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts. Paper Mill Playhouse is a not-for-profit arts organization.