Join Our Team
Under the direction and supervision of the Production Manager, the Company Manager attends to a myriad of details associated with contracting, budget tracking, production payroll and expenses, and guest artist support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Process invoices, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash/credit card reports
• Oversee day-to-day business relationship between Paper Mill and guest artists including but not limited to:
-appointments for worker’s comp related doctor visits
-transportation and housing needs for guest artists and staff
-arrange all catering needs during tech
-preparation of materials (e.g., scripts/scores, welcome packets)
-handle ticket requests for guest artists with box office
-insure creature comforts of guest artists
• Create and track housing & transportation budgets.
• Oversee maintenance of company vehicles
• Collaborate with Artistic and Executive Departments regarding contractual issues and needs of the cast.
• Keep Production Manager, Associate Artistic Director and Executive Associate informed of all developments relative to guest artists of Paper Mill productions.
• Complete special projects and assignments as directed by Production Manager.
All candidates should have experience in Production and/or working knowledge of backstage processes as well as proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and ability to learn ticketing software. Long hours including some weekends are a requirement. A valid driver’s license with clean driving record is required. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and willing to take on a variety of challenges, possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to work with a wide range of personalities and be sensitive and diplomatic in delicate situations.
This is a full-time salaried position with competitive benefits. Paper Mill Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse applicant pool for this position.
Please send resumes with references to:
Anne Pollock, Human Resources Manager
or Fax: 973.315.1424
No phone calls please
Ticketing Services and Outreach Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Ticket Services Manager
TICKETING SERVICES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide excellent customer service and correspondence as needed.
• Provide training for ticketing sales representatives in Ticketing and Subscriptions. Produce and provide internal ticketing training guides.
• Assist Ticketing Services Manager and Ticketing Services staff in season build and maintain all price tables, events, seat holds and subscription packages within ticketing system.
• Assist with the supervision of subscription sales staff when needed, and help to create a friendly customer service environment and ensure an accurate, efficient sales process.
• Assist with troubleshooting customer service and ticketing system problems.
• Respond to info@marketing and subscription emails.
• Assist Subscriptions Coordinator in scheduling subscription representatives
• Provide general backup for all ticketing services including but not limited to assisting with the Tech Tours, subscription table, answering phones and processing orders for box office, subscriptions and group sales as needed.
• Assist with the coordination with other departments on ticketing matters as needed.
• Process ticket requests for Development and senior management.
• Process donor and Center Stage Society member subscriptions and ticket requests.
• Act as named point of contact on Development VIP materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Represent the company’s established position and brand in a professional manner.
OUTREACH DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Orchestrate all PMP participation in all outside events including BC/EFA Flea Market, NJ and NYC Pride events, New Jersey Cares Coat Drive, Make-a-Wish, New Eyes for the Needy and other outreach projects as needed.
• Coordinate with community leaders for internal outreach initiatives.
• Schedule volunteers for each outreach event.
• Represent company at industry events.
• Call local organizations and charities to “paper” the house using established call list as required.
• Give tours as requested.
• Work with other departments as needed for outreach initiatives including Education, Press, Marketing, Artistic and Development.
Please send resumes with cover letter to Anne Pollock at
. Resumes can alternatively be faxed to 973-315-1418. No phone calls please. PAPER MILL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Rising Star Awards Evaluator
We are seeking qualified evaluators for the Rising Star Awards (RSA) program which recognizes excellence in the production of New Jersey high school musical theatre. Positions are seasonal from January to June. We are looking for evaluators with their own transportation living in all areas of NJ who have a passion for educational theatre. All Evaluators should hold a minimum of a BFA or BA degree in theatre, music, dance or a related area, and should ideally have experience in directing or mounting high school musicals. Interested persons without a degree, but with comparable work experience, may apply and will be considered on an individual basis. They must be able to effectively evaluate student performances and production values. All candidates must be outstanding writers with the ability to effectively communicate their impressions in a constructive manner. Also, candidates must already be an avid theatre-goer and should possess a wide knowledge of the canon of American Musical Theatre.
All newly hired Evaluators must be competent in Microsoft word and Adobe Reader, and must have an email address to receive communications and submit performance reports as attachments. Only applicants with computer literacy and internet access will be considered. In addition, new Evaluators must attend an orientation in January 2016. All candidates must be available and willing to commit to attending at least six high school musicals on the weekends during the course of the competition between January and April, including a minimum of three school productions during the very busy month of March. Some Evaluator assignments may involve long distance driving and Paper Mill Playhouse will reimburse mileage and lodging expenses. Lastly, applicants should be available to attend the Final Evaluator Meeting in mid-May, 2016.
Interested individuals should email a resume and writing sample as an attachment to Jason Gillis, Education Program Manager, at
. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis through the end of the year. To learn more about the Rising Star Awards, go to the Education & Outreach section of our website. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2015.
WE NEED YOU!
Volunteers are needed to assist us during performances in the theater and during office hours in administration.
Assist our front-of-house staff before curtain time and during intermission, greeting patrons, taking tickets, and seating our theater guests. We arealways looking for help in this area - we can never have enough.
GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEERS
Assist with sales before, during, and after performances.
Help our fundraising department with setup, greeting, and service at our annual gala, wine tasting, and other special events that are so essential in supporting the work at Paper Mill Playhouse.
Work alongside our daytime staff in Marketing, Development, or Education doing data entry, phone solicitation, and providing general clerical assistance.
IT'S SHOW TIME! BECOME A PART OF OUR WONDERFUL FRONT-OF-HOUSE CREW.
Join our growing army of front-of-house volunteers that assist the very best audiences in New Jersey, and:
- You'll be invited to the final dress rehearsal of our fabulous Broadway-quality shows.
- You'll be a part of the Paper Mill story that is now more than 7 decades in the telling.
Join "Bill's Battalion," an army of extraordinary volunteers to serve the needs of the nation's finest musical theater. Applications are available online, by mail, or just stop by and pick up one.
IT'S EASY TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER.
Fill out our a Volunteer Application/Information Sheet and return it to us by email, post, or in person.
- Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at
- Download the application at the bottom of this page.
There are many different kinds of opportunities available for people with different areas of interest, skill sets, and time availability. Once we receive your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to determine your specific interests and availability and to find the best ways to help you help us!
For high school students: Paper Mill's Theatre School Internships are open to high school students who assist with Theatre School classes for two hours per week. A number of special benefits, including complimentary tickets and shadowing opportunities are available to Theatre School Interns. Theatre School internships run from September through April and applications are usually available the preceding June.
For college students and college graduates: Paper Mill offers non-paying internships in all areas of administration, including education programming, marketing, fundraising and finance, company management, casting, and non-union production management. Internships are available only during the presenting season from September through June. Paper Mill Playhouse does not provide housing for interns and internships are not available during the summer months.
To apply for an internship please e-mail your resume along with a cover letter which describes your areas of interest, your relevant skills, and details about your availability to:
PAPER MILL PLAYHOUSE, a not-for-profit arts organization, is one of the country's leading regional theaters. Paper Mill Playhouse programs are made possible, in part, by funds from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, A Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, and by funds from the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional support is provided by generous contributions from numerous corporations, foundations, and individuals. Paper Mill Playhouse is a member of Theatre Communications Group, the National Alliance for Musical Theatre, the Council of Stock Theatres, and the New Jersey Theatre Alliance.