What Others Are Saying
- In 2012, Paper Mill Playhouse was voted "Favorite Theater to See a Musical" in Discover Jersey Arts' "People's Choice Awards.
- In 2011, Paper Mill Playhouse was voted "Favorite Theater to See a Musical" and voted "Favorite Place to Take a Kid's Arts Class" in Discover Jersey Arts' "People's Choice Awards.
- In 2009 and 2010 Paper Mill Playhouse was voted "Favorite Professional Theater" and for the first time voted "Favorite Arts / Theater Camp" in Discover Jersey Arts' "People's Choice Awards."
- Paper Mill Playhouse was awarded the American Council for the Blind / Audio Description Project's 2010 Award for Achievement in Performing Arts for our outstanding audio-description program and overall commitment to the blind and those with vision loss. The award was bestowed in Phoenix at their annual conference on July 14th.
- Paper Mill Playhouse received the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts’ 2009 Excellence in Accessibility Leadership Award, the 2009 Arts Presenters/MetLife Award for Innovation and Excellence in Access, and the Cultural Access Network of New Jersey’s 2010 Sustainer Award. These awards recognized the theater's innovative access programming, its commitment to accessibility, and its example to other arts organizations in New Jersey and across the country.
About Our Shows
“We attended the Saturday performance and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment. It was wonderful…The person who played Laura was absolutely wonderful and had a marvelous voice. I just want to say for me that there will never be another Laura (Melissa Gilbert), that can play the role better than Melissa did. From a little girl to grown womanhood, she has been wonderful. Now to see her playing MA was terrific.” – Grace A. Messineo, Fairfield NJ - on Little House on the Prairie
“The production was wonderful and, in spite of the modest orchestra, they were ably capable . I would recommend coming again for another production.” – anonymous - on 1776
“I attended your production of ‘Master Class’ last evening with six friends. It was magnificent. Barbara Walsh’s performance was riveting.” – Mrs. Mary Carrajat, Cranford NJ - on Master Class
“I just wanted to tell someone at The Paper Mill Playhouse what a pleasure it was to see the play. Everything from the stunning set of Act I to the costume design was visually thrilling, and the acting was outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I left the theater grinning from ear to ear.” – Miriam Zahn - on The Importance of Being Earnest
“This past year our daughter, Missy, participated in the Musical Theater II class…she received excellent technical instruction, in a warm and encouraging environment…The availability of a high-quality theater education program so close to our home is invaluable to us. Thank you for running the Paper Mill Playhouse education classes.” – Shari & David Dreier
“I am writing in support of the wonderful education department at the Paper Mill Playhouse. My daughter Melanie Harrison has participated in the Paper Mill programs for many years and the experience has been invaluable.”- Shari L. Harrison